One thing parents kinda forget over summer break is the struggle of packing a lunch every morning! In my case, it’s 2 lunches and for many of you, it’s even more than that! Breakfast is easy, but making lunches before I’ve even finished a cup of coffee is a different ballgame. Fortunately, we have Walmart. Anything we want / need, delivered right to our door. It’s one of the great mysteries of the world that children THAT small can eat THAT much, so I’m thankful for their low prices and great selection of organic fruits and veggies! We go through groceries faster than I can even comprehend! Seriously, you’re 3 feet tall and you eat more than I do?!?
Since we are all vegetarians over here in the Manno household, people always ask me what my kids eat. I figured I would take this opportunity to show a few examples of the lunches we pack them for school, while showing the variety of products available at Walmart. New customers can use promo code Triple10 to save $10 off their first 3 pickup or delivery orders. There is a $50 minimum and some restrictions and fees apply. Seriously give it a try and see how much easier it makes your life! We were out of town this past weekend and I was able to order stuff for the kids lunches to be at the house when we got home. Soooo much better than going to the store after a fun but exhausting weekend.
Ok here are some lunch ideas that are go-to’s for me! I linked everything so you can easily order an use the discount code Triple10
Lunch 1 – “Uncrustables” Sandwich with Fun Shaped Veggies!
- Dave’s Killer Bread – 2 slices
- Your choice of filling! You could do a PB&J (like I did with sunbutter) or a grilled cheese or anything really!
- Cut sandwich with these Uncrustable like sandwich cutters. My kids are WAY more likely to eat what I put inside when I use these! The set also comes with the stamp tool that I used to cut the cucumbers.
- Cucumber sliced and that stamped with on the stamps from the sandwich cuter set. You can cut sooo many things with these to make food more fun for you kiddos
- Snack Factory Pretzels – my kids love the flat shape
- Sliced Strawberries
- Organic Raisins – Keep those kiddos regular, if you know what I mean. My son Riley always gets constipated.
1. BLUE BENTGO BOX | 2. SANDWICH CUTTERS | 3. DAVE’S KILLER BREAD | 4. SNACK FACTORY PRETZELS | 5. CUCUMBERS | 6. RAISINS | 7. STRAWBERRIES
Lunch 2 – Burritos bowl
My kids LOVE to be in control of their lunch. So by giving them all the ingredients to mix together they have control. I also sometime include a tortilla pocket like this one so they can make their own taco at school.
- Organic Smashed Black Beans (I heat and mash them up with some butter)
- Tostitos Chips – I like the small flat ones so the fit in the lunch box and don’t break with guacamole on top or when closing lunch box.
- Wholly Avocado individual cups – the sell individual cups that makes it so the guac doesn’t turn brown
- Organic grape or cherry tomatoes – I still slice them in half for my kids
- Organic romaine lettuce sliced up
1. PURPLE BENTGO BOX | 2. WHOLLY AVOCADO | 3. TOSTITOS | 4. CHERRY TOMATOES | 5. SHREDDED CHEESE | 6. BLACK BEANS | 7. ROMAINE LETTUCE
Lunch 3 – Slider Sandwich with and Hidden Fruits and Veggies
- Hawaiian Rolls. My son likes a little sweetness in the roll. You can put whatever you like on it. I added organic romaine, organic tomato, mayo, ketchup, and cheese.
- A string cheese cut up
- Organic veggie puffs to sneak in more veggies!
- Organic baby carrots
- Pure Organics fruit bars cut up to sneak in more fruit!
1. BLUE BENTGO BOX | 2. HAWAIIAN ROLLS | 3. STRING CHEESE | 4. ROMAINE | 5. ROMA TOMATOES | 6. VEGGIE PUFFS | 7. BABY CARROTS | 8. PURE ORGANICS FRUIT BARS
I hope you guys found this helpful and got some lunch ideas! I know for a fact that my kids would get bored with the same lunch every day, so it’s cool that we can stock up on a bunch of stuff at Walmart without spending a bunch of money. Also, as we get deeper into the school year and the calendar starts filling up more and more, it’s a real time saver using Walmart’s pickup and delivery. By the way, new customers can use promo code Triple10 to save $10 off their first 3 pickup or delivery orders. There is a $50 minimum and some restrictions and fees apply.
If you have any creative lunch ideas that your kids love, please share them in the comments below! I know I’m always open to trying new things! Plus it will help other parents reading this!
And thank you to Walmart for being a sponsor of my blog and for making my life easier!
2 thoughts on “Vegetarian School Lunch Ideas”
I like the helpful information you provide in your article. This blog article is really good.
Thanks for the kind words!