Hey guys! I’m really excited to share today’s recipe because I think it’s such a great option for families. I never met a pizza or flatbread I didn’t like and this one is no exception! Plus, it’s pretty healthy since it’s loaded with yellow squash and pinenuts.
As many of you know, we’ve been pretty lucky and have worked really hard to get Molly to be a healthy eater. But even with all that hard work (and luck!), she’s definitely starting to not want vegetables quite as much as she did when she was a little younger. For example, we used to put broccoli in front of her and she would gobble it up. Now 50% of the time we have to put parmesan cheese on it to get her to eat it. So that got me thinking about other ways I can disguise vegetables so she will eat them for every meal again. And when I say “thinking,” that’s about as far as I got. Ha! Riley is only a month old and Molly is a handful at 23 months, so needless to say, I haven’t really had time to experiment with recipes lately.
That’s why HelloFresh has been an absolute lifesaver for us! I’m able to try new recipes, but I save so much time by not having to either look them up or create them myself. And I save even more time by not having to go to the grocery store to get all the ingredients. Let’s face it, no one wants to eat take out every single night of their lives. But I will say since Riley was born, we definitely been eating our fair share of take out. But to offset those days, we love that we can cook healthy HelloFresh meals in our home!
And as many of you guys know I work with HelloFresh so I have a discount code that is still good! Code ALILUVS will get you 50% off your first box. So if you’ve ever considered trying it, now is definitely the time to do it!
When this one arrived I was super excited to try it because I thought it was a great way to disguise vegetables by having them on a pizza! And sure enough, Molly gobbled it all right up when we made it! So I definitely want to share it with all of you since it’s absolutely delicious and since it’s great for any parents out there trying to find a way to get there little ones to eat some veggies.
You can make an easy salad to go on the side with the pizza, or just make the flatbread itself. Either way, it’s super easy to do and honestly took me about 10 minutes of prep time total.
So here’s what you need:
Ingredients (Recipe Serves 2):
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1/2 ounce Basil
- 2 Flatbreads
- 2 Scallions
- 1 oz Pine Nuts
- 4 oz Mozzarella
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Mixed Greens
- 1 Lemon
- 4 oz of Grape Tomatoes
From the Pantry
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Wash and dry all produce. Adjust rack to upper position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Halve squash lengthwise, then slice crosswise into thin half-moons. Trim, then thinly slice scallions. Halve lemon. Halve tomatoes lengthwise. Pick basil leaves from stems; discard stems.
2. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toast, tossing frequently, until golden brown and fragrant, 3-4 minutes. (TIP: If nuts seem like they might burn, remove pan from heat for a few seconds.) Remove nuts from pan and set aside.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add squash and cook until soft and lightly browned, 5-6 minutes, tossing. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Tear mozzarella into small pieces with your hands and scatter over flatbreads. Top with squash mixture. Bake in oven until cheese is melted and flatbreads are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toss mixed greens, tomatoes, a squeeze of lemon, and a drizzle of olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Once flatbreads are done, sprinkle with basil, pine nuts, and chili flakes (to taste). Drizzle with honey. Cut into slices and serve with salad on the side.
So there you have it! This recipe is honestly so easy and anyone can do it. Also, I love that you can customize the recipe based on who you’re cooking for. Kevin likes to limit his cheese so I didn’t put cheese on half of his pizza, and because Molly was having some I didn’t put chili flakes on her section.
Like I mentioned above if you guys want to try HelloFresh, make sure to use my discount code ALILUVS. It will give you 50% off your first box which really makes it a no-brainer to try out! If you end up getting it, let me know what you think after you make your first recipe! Or if you just decide to go to the store and make this recipe let me know your thoughts in the comments below! And of course, if any of you already get HelloFresh I’d love to know your favorite recipes from your deliveries. I actually save the recipe cards so when I do get a chance to go to the store, which obviously we do at least every 10 days to stock up on other essentials for the house, I buy those ingredients so I can remake my faves! This one is definitely a favorite of mine! The chili and the honey together is unreal! I think I’m gonna have to go make this right now because my mouth is watering just writing about it. Hope you guys luv!